Mini Loader – Research before Purchase!
When looking at purchasing a Mini Loader or any type of machinery be sure you have done your research before you purchase.
A few points to consider:
1) MINI LOADER SAFETY AND STABILITY
- How is the mini loaders stability, particularly on uneven terrain?
- Whilst standing on the operators platform, are you able to clearly see your working
attachment? (Very important when working in and around underground services)
- With the bucket fully lowered, is the bucket sitting flat and are the arms securely
against the solid frame structure?
- Do you have 2 lift cylinders to evenly distribute the load and lift evenly?
- Does the weight distribution allow an adequate safe working load?
2) QUALITY WORKMANSHIP
- Is the chassis a solid plate structure or an RHS frame?
- Are the arms made from thick enough steel?
- Is the hitch plate thick enough? (The hitch plate is a high stress part).
3) SERVICE AND PARTS
- Are spare parts, in particular wheels and tyres reasonably priced?
- What are the costs involved in replacement tracks?
- Can the machine switch between tracks and wheels? (This is very important when
working on rocky areas or bitumen as tracks will wear quickly)
4) LOAD BEARING & FUNCTIONALITY
- Does the mini loader have 2 oil pumps? To avoid a rob Peter to feed Paul situation
when using 2 functions at once
- Will the hydraulics allow the machine to raise the arms and drive simultaneously?
- Are there multiple drive speeds to get the job done quickly?
- Do the machine have adequate HP?
- Many machines run a D902 Kubota-20.4HP, some also use Yanmar 3TNV series 27HP engine.
- When trenching, can both drive levers be operated using the one hand? (Important when trenching)
- Does the hydraulic circuit allow for adequate flow for both the trencher and the